Fatal airport accidents can have devastating consequences for the families of victims. In this blog post, we will explore the causes of wrongful death at airports. Also, the liable parties, and the legal options available to the families of victims.
Causes of Fatal Airport Accidents
What can be the cause of death? To demonstrate, let’s see some examples:
- Plane Crashes. Plane crashes are one of the most common causes of wrongful death at airports. When a plane crash occurs, the families of the victims may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the airline, the manufacturer of the plane, or the maintenance company responsible for the aircraft.
- Slip and Fall Accidents. Slip and fall accidents can occur in a variety of areas such as parking lots, terminals, and on the runway. In these cases, the airport or the company responsible for maintaining the area may be liable for the accident.
- Medical Emergencies. Medical emergencies such as a heart attack or stroke can also occur at the airport. In these cases, the airport or the medical staff on duty may be liable for the death if there is proof that the death was a result of negligence or inadequate medical care.
Liable Parties Wrongful Death in an Airport
In Fatal airport accidents, liable parties can include the airline, the manufacturer of the plane, the maintenance company responsible for the aircraft, and the airport. Therefore, the airline can be liable in the case of plane crashes. Also, the manufacturer of the plane may be liable if a defect in the plane was a cause of the crash. In another case, the maintenance company may be liable if the crash was caused by poor maintenance of the plane. Also, the airport can be liable for slip-and-fall accidents or medical emergencies that occur on their property. It is important to determine the cause of the wrongful death and identify the liable party before proceeding with legal action.
Legal Options for Families of Victims
Families of victims of wrongful death at the airport may have several legal options available to them. Therefore, one option is to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the liable party. This can help to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions and provide compensation for the victim’s family. Additionally, the families of victims may be entitled to compensation for expenses such as funeral costs, medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. The families of victims need to seek the advice of an experienced attorney who can guide them through the legal process and help them to understand their rights and options.
Examples of the legal options are:
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit. Families of victims may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the liable party.
- Compensation. If a wrongful death occurs at an airport, the family of the victim may get compensation for their loss. This can include compensation for funeral expenses, medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
- Seeking Advice from an Attorney. The families of victims need to seek the advice of an experienced attorney who can help them navigate the legal process and ensure that their rights are protected.
Contact Los Angeles Attorney Today
Fatal airport accidents can have devastating consequences for the families of victims. Therefore, it’s important to understand the causes, liable parties, and legal options available to the families of victims. If you or a loved one has been affected by wrongful death at an airport, it’s advisable to seek the help of an experienced attorney to navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected.