California Rideshare Accident Attorney: When You’ve Been Injured In An Uber Or Lyft
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are easy and convenient. However, the legal issues can get complicated when the rideshare driver gets in an accident. An experienced Lyft or Uber accident lawyer at KAASS LAW can help hold those responsible for the accident accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Our firm, located in Glendale handles complex personal injury cases throughout Southern California and Los Angeles. Our car accident attorneys have successfully handled hundreds of Lyft and Uber accident cases. We take pride in the care and attention we provide to our clients. We also offer legal services in English, Armenian, Spanish and Russian.
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers For Rideshare Injuries
In a car accident, there might be multiple parties who are liable for your injuries. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will assess your case and analyze all possible avenues for securing compensation. Damages can include:
- Past medical bills and expenses
- Anticipated future medical costs
- Compensation for pain and suffering, including emotional distress
- Lost income, lost employment opportunities and diminished earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
Oftentimes, a rideshare driver’s personal auto insurance will only protect the actual driver. Usually, drivers will only carry the amount required by California law, which is $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident to compensate for injuries. Therefore, if you are injured in a rideshare crash, an Uber or Lyft driver’s personal auto insurance is not likely to compensate any passengers for their accident injuries.
Do Rideshare Companies Carry Liability Insurance?
If a rideshare passenger is injured in a car accident, the rideshare company could be liable. Rideshare companies, like Uber and Lyft, are required by California law to carry liability insurance. These policies are required to cover $1 million in liability costs.
For example, Uber’s $1 million liability insurance policy can cover victims in the following Uber accident scenarios:
- Drivers who are injured in collisions where the rideshare driver was at fault
- Passengers who are injured in either vehicle caused by the rideshare driver
- Passengers who are injured when a different driver caused the crash
- Pedestrians or bicyclists who are hit or otherwise injured by the rideshare driver
- The rideshare driver who was involved in an accident that was caused by another driver
These policies cover the costs of rideshare accidents. If you have been injured while using a Lyft or an Uber, you should not settle for anything less than the full amount you are entitled to under the law.
If you have been injured in a car accident that involved an Uber or Lyft, our experienced rideshare accident attorneys at NAP LAW can help you secure the compensation you deserve.